Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day

I just wanted to wish every a Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!   If you haven't figured it out by now I grew up in the Boston area. Funny Right. A large part of the Boston population is Irish or at least claims to be every March 17th.
As a kid can remember every March we'd have a boiled dinner which was Carrots, Onions, Potatos, Turnips, Cabbage and of course Corned Beef all cooked in the same pot. I can still taste it now, the salty tender corn beef with hints of clove and peppercorns. I mean you did not need a knife you could cut it all with the fork. Its just one of the those comfort foods that I grew up with.
Anyway I wanted to share a couple of Irish (drinking I mean) folk songs that I always liked. The first one is a song I discovered on an old record that my parents used to have and I always liked it. As I kid I never understood  the religious - political turmoil embed in the song The Orange and the Green.



The second is another old classic song with a new twist by the Dropkick Murphys, they're not as rowdy bunch like those in the Irish Rovers, but here is their version of the The Irish Rover. I think they did a fine job.  



And here is you may not have heard yet. I've been a fan of Flogging Molly since I first saw them when I lived out in San Diego, CA. Here is their song Drunken Lullabies  :-)

Please Drink Responsibly and use a designated leprechaun.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...