Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Happy Spring

Happy First Day of Spring Everyone! Today is the Vernal Equinox and every where you turn here in Atlanta you can see the signs of it. Everything is coated with a nasty yellow dusting of pollen. The pollen count yesterday was 8164 and today looks to be well over 9000, breaking another record high. So the pollen count, which is the measurement of the number of grains of pollen in a cubic meter of air. Curious where those numbers came from, my guess is they have a little gnome that is charged with counting them all :-) If you are interested in your local pollen count I recommend you check ou Local Pollen Forecast - Weather.com, if you don't like that site most weather apps and sites have that information.


 Anyway I like to refer to it as Plant Sex, because that is what it really is. Damn those kinky Plants, I wish they would just find a seedy motel instead of spreading their spawn all over the countryside. I mean I love the flowers and such I just can deal with out the pollen. I've always had issues with hay fever and this does nothing for those allergies. Nothing beats watering eyes, sinus headaches and sneezing all day long. 


I digress, I hope that you all enjoy the first day of spring I'm going to enjoy it by cutting the back lawn. It's going to be in the 80's today another nice day. Here are a few more photos I've taken over the last week or so.







1 comment:

jason shaw said...

Yay, it's spring time, the winter has gone now and we can look forward to warmer days and happier times.

Lovely pictures.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...