Sunday, February 12, 2012

Whitney Houston 1963-2012

The Singer, Actress, Producer, Model and Diva Whitney Houston died on Feb. 11, her publicist confirmed. She was 48. She was found dead at a Los Angeles hotel, she was in town for the Grammy Awards which will be held this evening. 
Rising to stardom in 1985, Houston's life and career had seen high highs (Grammy wins, big-screen successes, international fame) and low lows (a tumultuous marriage to singer Bobby Brown. 
Houston's self-titled debut album in 1985 produced her first hits, "You Give Good Love," "Saving All My Love for You," "How Will I Know," and "Greatest Love of All." The singer was discovered by Clive Davis, the head of Arista Records. 
Stepping into the world of acting, Houston portrayed a superstar actress/singer who is stalked by an obsessive fan and employs top-notch professional bodyguard Frank Farmer (Kevin Costner) in 1992's "The Bodyguard."

 I was never really a fan but I did enjoy her work when I heard it. Her performance in "The Bodyguard"  still one of my favorites.  I did always admire her talent and I really thought that it had gone to waste because of her issue with drug addiction. I hope that she went on peacefully and my thoughts go out to her family, friends and fans. 


"The biggest devil is me. I'm either my best friend or my worst enemy,"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...