Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Season is coming to a Close

Before we know it will be October and the start of the MLB Playoffs and the World Series. In two of the division races are sealed up Phillies with the NL East and Detroit in the AL Central. The AL wildcard race is still that, The Red Sox are beat up and are barely hanging on with 2 game lead over Tampa Bay and 4 game lead over the Angels. In the NL the Braves are still holding on with 3.5 game lead over the Cardinals and 4 game lead over the Giants.

There are 9 days left until the end of the season so it's going to be interesting to see if the Red Sox can hang on. I just hope they can bash their way into the playoffs. I'm doubtful, their pitching staff is depleted having suffered some injuries to critical starters and the subs are not getting the job done. I feel much better about the Braves chances yes they have same issues but they have great pitching depth for starters.

I guess only time will tell and I just hope I don't get cramps in my fingers from crossing them.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...