Tuesday, May 10, 2011

He Was a Good Dog

I only knew you for half of your life but regardless I loved him a lot. At some point today Munchkin past away in his sleep. He was an old dog around 13yo so that would put him over a 100 in people years. Ryan found him when he got home and I can't imagine the pain that he is feeling.

He was a good dog, like any kid he had those moments that he would try your patients. But he was an awesome friend. He welcomed you when you got home with a bark that could be heard across the neighborhood. If you were out doing something in the yard he wanted to be by your side, always the center of attention. When I was out cutting the grass he would always come waddling across the yard, I assume to make sure my effort lived up to his expectations. Next to sharing his love for us his favorite things were eating, sleeping and sniffing.

 I've been pretty emotional all evening and have been choking back the tears. We both knew this day was coming but never want to thinking about it. They are a part of any family and are man's best friend.

Rest in peace Munch I'm going to miss you buddy and I hope there are lot of chewies waiting for you.





6 comments:

JustinO'Shea said...

Your post today "did me in". . .I still miss my buddy CHAZZ. . ."and all that Chazzzz. . " LOL So I sit here with my own tears . . .and some grief still. . .

justin

rob02190 said...

Justin thank you for your caring thoughts. I'm still pretty choked up and emotionally drained. Ryan asked me to clean up around his things and wash his beds. I just know if he was still there he would under foot the entire time. Damn I miss him.

Writer said...

Sorry for your loss, Rob. I know it will take time but eventually you will have your love for him, but not the pain. :(

Seth said...

I'm so sorry to hear about that for you and Ryan my condolences. I hope you'll keep your happy memories of him for always.

*HUGS*

rob02190 said...

Thank you everyone for your support during these trying times it's been difficult for the two of us.

That corgi :) said...

first time visiting/commenting on your blog; I am so sorry about the loss of Munchin. He seemed like a great pet, good looking dog too! I know he will be missed by you all. Pets do have a way of making their way into our heart and our lives and it is so sad when they are no longer with us.

again, I am so sorry!

betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...