Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I love Baseball

 The 2011 MLB season starts a couple of days earlier this year. On Thursday it will be Opening day for 12 teams and then the rest will be on Friday. In that being said I wanted to get my season predictions out there for you all peruse and hopefully comment on. This looks like it will be an exciting year for me as a fan. 

Dustin Pedroia
The Red Sox have really bolstered their line up with the additions of Adrian Gonzalez and Carl Crawford. The rest of line up looks healthy Elsbury, Pedoria and Yuk, hopefully will be back to their old selves. Pitching I don't see any real problems there except for maybe Lackey and Dice K, they were weak last year. 

I'm also a Braves fan (my NL team) and they are looking very good as well, they added Dan Uggla at 2nd, Freddie Freeman at 1st and Chipper Jones is healthy (for now). This could be his final year he had hinted at retiring last year. The pitching line up looking strong with some young arms and more waiting to step up. My only question is why in the HELL is Jason Heyward hitting 6th and not 3rd or 4th? New manager Fredi Gonzalez's first big mistake, I guess he wasn't watching Jason crush the ball last year.


AL EAST
1. Red Sox: Woe is the visiting righthander who starts at Fenway Park or ; 2. Yankees starting to show they're age. Jeter will cross the threshold of legends hitting 3000 hit ; 3. Rays They'll short by only a couple of games.; 4. Jays In any other division they would be the winner.; 5. Orioles No pitching.

AL CENTRAL
Trevor Cahill
1. Twins: Mauer and Morneau need to stay healthy, Twins will be elite.; 2. White Sox A very close 2nd, will it cause Ozzie explode?; 3. Tigers maybe Next year; 4. Royals watch for call ups they have some amazing young talent; 5. Indians "JUST a bit outside." I'm not sure what the hell is going on there.


AL WEST
1. Athletics: nice mix of young talent West.; 2. Rangers* the chemistry is just not there; 3. Angels seriously Veron Wells is your savior?; 4. Mariners LOL, you have to be kidding me, they're a mess.





NL EAST
1. Phillies: Halladay, Lee, Oswalt and Hamels need I say any more (Utley could be out for the season, hmmm).; 2. Braves* If the Phillies' pitching falters don't worry the Braves will take the helm; 3. Nationals Maybe next year Strasburg will be back and Harper might be ready;4. Marlins; 5. Mets LMAO!!! sorry

Jason Heyward and Freddie Freeman
NL CENTRAL
1. Cardinals: I'm expecting them to overcome the loss of Adam Wainwright, but lets face it, any of first three teams could win division.; 2. Brewers Pitching improved and last year of the Prince; 3. Reds  Don't blink Milwaukee ; 4. Cubs  Better but still missing some pieces; 5. Astros there just isn't much to talk about; 6. Pirates  maybe (See Mets) 65 wins if they are lucky.
Buster Posey




NL WEST
1. Giants: Reigning World champs still the class of the division.; 2. Rockies  So close; 3. Dodgers the divorce really hurt there ability to improve in the off season; 4. Padres, last year really should have been there year, regrouping ; 5. Diamondbacks I can't think of anything they have going for them.

World Series: Giants v. Red Sox Win!

If you are a baseball fan I want to recommend the podcast ESPN: Baseball Today. It's host is Eric Karabell, Keith Law and Mark Simon. I already miss last years co-host Seth Everett, I loved his insight and I thought they had great chemistry.


If you play fantasy Baseball like I do then I want to recommend the podcast from CBSSports.com Fantasy Baseball. It's entertaining and informative they really helped me prepare for this years drafts. I used to subscribe to this and the ESPN's version, but the ESPN version has little substance regardless of the awards they have won. If you are wondering I have 5 teams this year 3 on Yahoo Fantasy Sports and 2 on CBSSport.com. If you need some one else in your league I'm game, just send me an email rob02190@gmail.com please reference this blog in your subject line.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...