Thursday, August 19, 2010

Keith Olbermann Special Comment: There Is No 'Ground Zero Mosque' - 08/1...

This is all I'm going to say about the Mosque that has been proposed in New York. I really feel what Mr. Olbermann has to say hits the nail right on the head. Now I'm not religious, but I feel that each of us has right to be as spiritual as they want. What is more detrimental to society is fundamentalism in all religions; Christian, Jewish, Muslim, so an so forth. It is these fundamentalist I fear most. It's those that feel that "I" should worship their god. Hasn't history taught us enough lessons? Are we that pathetic of a society that we can't learn to Coexist with each other? I know I look at a bright and shiny version of the world but I can hope. Religions give us faith and some hope for a better world. Wasn't Jesus himself persecuted because he worshiped a differently from the Romans and Israelites? I know the US Constitution says we all have the freedom to worship with out the government interference. My biggest fear is if this Mosque is built that more innocent people will be hurt because of religion. Maybe at Ground Zero is such "Hallowed Ground" than nothing should be built there but an interfaith memorial to the victims.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...