Monday, August 23, 2010

Just checking in

It's the start of new week nothing really to report here but I had some time so I figured I'd check in. First off today is my Mom's Birthday I want to wish her a Happy Birthday, I already spoke to her this AM.

In the MLB the races to the pennant are starting to heat up. There are a few races that are really close this year especially in the NL. The wild card there is still in play and right now is owned by Philly, but Giants and Cardinals are only 2 games out. The AL's wild card is owned by the TB Rays right now, but this last time last week it was the Yankees'(they only have a 1 game lead in the AL East). So we'll have to keep watching there have been some really good games over the last couple of weeks. The pitchers have been awesome and a pleasure to watch along with some fine young prospects.

Yesterday was the last game for the Cubs Manager Lou Pinniella and I wish him the best. He's had a pretty good career and was a pretty stand up guy. But, being the manager of the Cubs would probably wear on anyone, especially this year. If you haven't noticed they SUCK!, but are far from being the worst team in the league, the Pittsburgh Pirates own that dishonor. I guess yesterdays loss to the Atlanta Braves was just the straw that broke the camels back, the Braves won 16-5.

This has to be the quote of the year "I'm retiring. ... Until I don't show up next year, nobody's going to believe me. Brett Favre's f-ed it up for everybody," It was from Braves Closer Billy Wagner.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...