Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Crispy Yummy

I was entirely to productive today, I kind of liked when on my days off I didn't do a damn thing. I started the day by cutting the front yard, it was just to hot to continue that adventure to the backyard. Next I ran some errands: Voted in the Georgia Primaries, Post office, dropped some old cloths to Goodwill and quick stop at Kroger to pick up a couple of things. When I go home I made a sandwich, ate that then started making a Peach and Blackberry crisp, Yum. Once that was done I cleaned the floors and bathroom.

Don't forget to Vote today people of Georgia. We have the gubernatorial primary, I like David Poythress. But Roy Barnes will probably win it for the Dems and he'll probably be facing off against Oxedine. Then the next race on the line is the Georgia 4th Congressional where we have Hank (Geographically Challenged) Johnson taking on Vernon (I'm Gangster) Jones and Connie Stokes for the Dems. All I can say here is if either of the to idoits win I may have to vote for a republican, I shudder at the thought, but if that person is a Teabagger I won't be voting for anyone. So Go Connie!!! 

Tonight we are head to Turner field to watch the Braves take on the San Diego Padres, I guess it will be well deserved after accomplishing so much today . It's just weird it's July and this is my first game of the year. If it hadn't been for the flood back in May this would probably be #3. I charged the batteries and packed up the cameras, that means I'll have some photos to post next week.

Once we get back from the game I'll warm up some of the crisp and give you a formal review, so keep an eye on my twitter feed @sqwhirlly. But for now here's a picture of it still bubbling from the oven, recipe is below. It doesn't look pretty but it sure smells Yummy!


Peach and Blackberry Crisp
# -1/2 pounds peaches (about 3), pitted and cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges
# 2 cups blackberries, picked over and rinsed
# 1 tablespoon cornstarch
# 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
# 1/3 cup granulated sugar
# 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
# 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
# 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
# 1/2 teaspoon salt
# 1 teaspoon cinnamon
# 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
# 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) cold unsalted butter, cut into bits
# 3/4 cup coarsely chopped lightly toasted pecans
# peach and brown sugar ice cream or vanilla cream as an accompaniment

In a large bowl toss the peaches and the blackberries gently with the cornstarch, the lemon juice, and the granulated sugar until the mixture is combined well. In a small bowl stir together the flour, the brown sugar, the oats, the salt, the cinnamon, and the nutmeg, add the butter, blending the mixture until it resembles coarse meal, and stir in the pecans. Spread the peach mixture in a 13- by 9-inch (3 quart) baking dish, sprinkle the pecan mixture evenly over it, and bake the crisp in the middle of a preheated 350°F. oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the top is golden. Serve the crisp with the ice cream.


Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Peach-and-Blackberry-Crisp-12347#ixzz0uFhCE0zA

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...