Friday, May 21, 2010

Update on the Homefront

I've had the last three days off from work and I spent a good part of each day working around the house. I took care of about everything I had on my list, kudos' for me :-). The first day, Tuesday I cleaned up as much as I could inside the house. So most of the post flooding demo dust and debris is gone. On yesterday and today I concentrated working outside around the yard and tiding up making sure it looks like someone lives there. The grass is cut and bushes got a trimming. Which they were way over due for and were borderline out of control. I was also able to clean up the mailbox and put new numbers on it, it's looking mighty spiffy.

But there is still a lot to be done on the inside but we are leaving that for the professional and they start work tomorrow. So hopefully in a month or so they will have it back to normal. They also are going to address some of the short comings of the last contractors. I just hope they are more capable. We are using the contractor that our neighbors used this and the last time.

I go back to work tomorrow and then I'm off again on Saturday, so it will give me a day to get back into the swing of things. I'm looking forward to going back and a break from the mess at the house. I'll keep you up to date as things progress.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...