Thursday, March 11, 2010

First Contact

 I knew this day would come, when I would be approached by some one at work about this blog. Yesterday I was called in to my managers office and he just happened across it. Before you all freak out nothing bad became of the discussion. Though I do have to say I was a little freaked out, my mind was spinning trying to think back over the 500 or so posting on what have I said that could have been misconstrued or used against me. So I was immediately on the defensive.

  Once I was told I was not in trouble my heart rate settled back to normal and my emotions took hold. It's just the kind of person that I am. I may have a hard exterior but I'm pretty soft and mushy inside. I really appreciated the comments and did explain have to him that this is my way of blowing off steam. He now understands me a little bit better which I hope is a good thing. If asked would I have deleted of edited any of my postings, yes I probably would have. I'm not going to put my career in jeopardy because of an entry I made.

This is just an outlet for me, I can write things about my day, events or weird things I come across and comment on them. Sometimes I'm not that verbal in what is bothering me or what is going through my head. Which in itself can look more like a tangled bundle of string than clear and concise thoughts.
I just want to say, I'm not paranoid since what I have written has been out there for sometime. I didn't going to run home to delete any entries. I stand by what I have written. I also understand where he was coming from and he knows I love my job, the people and the company.

Until this morning I wasn't even sure how I should approach this entry or if I would even mention it. But, if I didn't then it may just be a missed opportunity. So I pose these questions to my followers and other in the blogsphere; How have you handled similar situations or would you? Have ever regretted anything you have written? Was it a positive or negative experience for you?

Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Micky said...

Ah yes well - I hope he enjoyed Smutty Stuff and the rest on your bloglist - if he got that far.

And if he did get that far then he must have been a bit more than casually interested!

I used to make it a habit to ensure that my boss and closest workmates always knew that I was gay - but not necessarily what my other 'hobbies' were! Saved a lot of hassles I found.

rob02190 said...

I'm well out of the closet at work so that was never the issue.

Seth said...

Hmm. I often worry about this sort of thing. Not for being "outed" since I am, but just for sharing stuff.

:/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...