Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Fresh Shipment of SPAM

Yahoo had been doing so well and then I got this today. It at least could have been from the Nigerians theirs are much more entertaining to read, and then I can find out about my long lost relative or my British Lottery winning? But getting right down to it if you get and email like this it's from crooks. They want your personal information so they can steal your Identity.

How do I know this? (I didn't think I'd have to explain it) First off I don't do business with Walmart, nor will I ever. Second I'm pretty sure that Walmart's customer service will have a WalMart.com in their email address, not z2.sporteatnest.com. Thirdly they never used my name once, you'd figure if I had an account with them they'd know my name.

If you get an email like this just delete it.
Returned Wal-Mart card
...
Tue, January 26, 2010 6:55:52 PM
From:
CustomerAssociate

We have been notified that your Wal-Mart card has been returned to our offices.
There must be an address discrepancy in the information we have on file.
Please go to the link and verify that we have your correct address.
Once you've confirmed, we expect your card to be sent out shortly.
ADDRESS CONFIRMATION


Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yup...got one too...silly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...