Thursday, July 30, 2009

Say Isn't So

David Ortiz aka Big Papi tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs in 2003 along with Manny Ramirez, no big surprise there, but big Papi, Com 'on. Okay this is no different then when ARod's test result were leaked. I only hope that Papi follows in Arod's example (not Big Head Barry's) and takes responsibly for his actions. He needs to own up and come clean don't hide behind a cloak of silence. You owe to the fans of the Red Sox and all of Baseball. I this is just one more black eye one the "Juice Era of baseball."
According to the New York Times:
The information about Ramirez and Ortiz emerged through interviews with multiple lawyers and others connected to the pending litigation. The lawyers spoke anonymously because the testing information is under seal by a court order. The lawyers did not identify which drugs were detected.

Update.... David Ortiz released the following statement
I want to talk about this situation and I will as soon as I have more answers. In the meantime I want to let you know how I am approaching this situation. One, I have already contacted the Players Association to confirm if this report is true. I have just been told that the report is true. Based on the way I have lived my life, I am surprised to learn I tested positive. Two, I will find out what I tested positive for. And, three, based on whatever I learn, I will share this information with my club and the public. You know me -- I will not hide and I will not make excuses.

I want to thank my family, the Red Sox, my teammates, and the fans for their patience and support.
I guess we just need to wait and see what he was on and how he handles it from here. Am I going to condone what he did, fuck no. He cheated just like Arod, Clemens and Big Head. I really think that MLB and the Players Association need to release the full report. Will that happen probably not at least I will not be holding my breath. But sure as hell would be a lot better than one name finding it's way to the press every month or so. Baseball could clear the air all at once and be done with this storm cloud that has been lingering over the field.
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...