Sunday, March 22, 2009

Atlanta AutoShow

This week Ryan and I went to the Atlanta Autoshow to check out the new models from the manufacturers. So here is my attempt at Top Gear with out the nifty accents or British wit. I want to start by saying that neither of us are looking for a new car, just dream I guess. It was a good way to kill an afternoon and do some day dreaming. We kicking a lot of tire and copped many swats on the new upholstery. Turned the knobs and ran through the gears on the manuals. Here are some of the models that caught my eye the; Audi R8, Mercedes Benz CLS 63 AMG and the Nissan GTR for the cool speed factor.


4591750-R1-053-25, originally uploaded by rob02190.

4591750-R1-025-11

4591750-R2-009-3

Models that I liked for overall practicality were the Mini Cooper, Mazda 3, Scion XD and the VW GTI. Those would be the models that I would seriously consider if I was buying a new car right now. I don't need anything to flash, I don't need to compensate for any anatomical deficiency and I'm not in any sort of mid-life crisis.


4591750-R1-041-19


4591750-R2-007-2


As far as being let down I was very disappointed the Smart it just felt tinny and the door felt like it came from a Suzuki Samurai and over all with the show itself which lacked the concept cars which "we all think that would be cool but when will I actually see it".


4591750-R1-033-15


The only concepts were the Nissan Cube and Lincoln "C Concept" which are both really cool and I hear the Cube will become a production Model I think in 2010.

4591750-R1-017-7



As far as the SUV's most of the manufacturers hid those was in the back or were no existent, which was fine with me. Sorry if you love these big monoliths but seriously they are not energy efficient and unpractical for any city. So Just like the dinosaurs these are Endangered Species.



4591750-R2-033-15


Finally for the American automakers they really need to take a look at what is going on in Europe and Japan. I really have to say beyond Pontiac they had very little that caught my eye or impressed me. Pontiac I thought the Solstice Coupe, G3 and G6 were all very nice cars. Other that the Corvette was cool and I really liked the Mercury Milan, which really surprised me.

1 comment:

Hapi said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...