Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Out with the Old in with the New

Well another year is behind us and what do we have to look forward to? This is a leap year; the Summer Olympics will take place in Beijing, China and of course the Presidential election.

Lets recap 2007; Change in the US Houses (with nothing to show for it), Wildfires in GA and CA, drought in southeast, Floods in the Midwest and Northwest, the Mideast is still a mess, Tazzers, VT, backsliding Democracies (Russia, Pakistan and Venezuela), Political power change in Australia, France and the UK, on growing Federal and personal debt, Sub prime debacle, Recalls and more Recalls, Dave Mathews Band at Piedmont Park, the Red Sox, Steroids, spoiled brats in trouble (Britney, Paris and Lindsay) and this blog had 10,oo0 hits. I think that pretty much some it up and I do not think we need to dwell on it anymore than this.

I know many of us are looking forward to the US Presidential election and what change that will bring. But in the sense of historical implications this could be the first time we have an African American or female candidate to make it past the primaries in the Presidential contest. I do not have an insight into which of the candidates that will be in November. I still haven't made up my mind who my candidate will be in the GA Primary on February 5th. I have narrowed it down to between Barack Obama and John Edwards, but past that I have not decided.

As far as the Republicans go I do not like any in the bunch. There are some that I like some of their ideas, but the rest of the platform or personality disgusts me.

I don't have a magic ball and I don't know what will happen in the upcoming year. I just hope that is better for our country than in 2007. I really hope that the economy will be better and that the peace takes hold in Iraq. We have real political change in Washington. I hope baseball lays offs the juice and the Red Sox win a third world series and the Patriots take the Super bowl in February. I'd like to see the Braves turn around the team and it would be great to watch the Braves v. Red Sox battle it out in the fall of 2008.

In closing I just hope that we all have a Happy, Safe and Prosperous New Year. I wish you all luck and hope you keep coming back.


Tag: , , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...