Sunday, September 09, 2007

The Show

Since my last posting things here have been pretty busy. Classes started back up on the 22nd of August and before that I had been working a lot getting ready for inventory at work. So, I'm back into the cycle of juggling work, school, studying, chores, spending time with Ryan and all of this leaves me with little for myself. Which means that my blog tends to suffer and little time for photography my favorite outlets. Though I was able to unwind last night with a night out to see Dave Matthews Band at Piedmont Park here in Atlanta.

I do have to say it was a great time and the weather was perfect for the outdoor show. The sky was clear and temperatures at show time were in the low 90's and cooled off to the 80's by the time the show ended at 11:30ish. The opening act was the Allman Brothers Band, which started at 5:30PM and where pretty good but the sound was kind of low. This all changed by the time the Dave Matthews Band went on at 8:15-30. The lead song was One Sweet World and the final song of the show was Ants Marching. The rest of the mix included Cornbread, Dreaming Tree, Grey Street, Louisiana Bayou and Gregg Allman joined the band to sing Melissa on of their greatest songs. It was one of the best shows that I have seen since Dave and Tim at UMass Amherst back in 2003. The rest of the set list is below along with a few pictures from the show.

The meadow was pack and I do mean packed, the show attendance was around 50K, which is about 10% of the population of the city of Atlanta. It was hard to believe that MARTA was going to be able to hand this type of volume, especially with the Atlanta Braves playing at the same time. But I was quite surprised we did not have any problems, which I’m sure was probably different from other people that ride the train on a regular basis. I just wish they could do this everyday, maybe they learned something from the experience and their service will improve.

One Sweet World
(Happy Birthday)
Two Step
Corn Bread
Don’t Drink the Water
You Might Die Trying
Grey Street
#27
What Would You Say
Melissa (Gregg Allman)
Louisiana Bayou
Dreaming Tree
Eh Hee
So Much To Say
Anyone Seen The Bridge
Too Much
#40 [tease]
Warehouse
Stay (Wasting Time)
Encore:
All Along The Watchtower
Ants Marching











































Tags; , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...