Sunday, August 12, 2007

I like Dick

I'm on the sale floor at work today helping to put away some stock and this cute kid walks by me about 6 paces behind his mother. He's talking to someone on his cell phone and the only thing I hear as he walks by is "I Like Dick".
I had to do a double take and looked across a display to one of my co-workers Ryan, we both just look at each other and start laughing.
I walked over and asked, "Did he say what I thought he said? "
Ryan's reply was "yep I sure did. "
I was about 5 feet away and Ryan on the other side was probably about 8 to 10 feet away and heard this over music and people talking. So he said it pretty loud, I really don't think that if you want to come out to your mom this would be a good way. But I'm sure she must have heard it too. Now I'm sure he must have been talking about some one that he and the person at the other end of his call were talking about. It just goes to show you that you have to be careful of what you say and where. This is just another example that people are oblivious to what is going on around them and that we have lost any resemblance of privacy. I don't know if that is because we assume that King George and his stooges are listening to our conversations to see if we might be a security threat or what? But everyday people go on with conversations and don't care what they say and where. They talk at levels where everyone around them can hear what they say even if you don't want to hear what they have to say no matter how embarrassing. This just goes to show you, if you think that people aren't listening your wrong, even if they don't want to, there are somethings you can't ignore. But, if you can explain this phenomenon to me I would love to know your theory behind it.


Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Scott-O-Rama said...

Man, I wish I knew when I was that young.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...