Tuesday, July 03, 2007

New Phone Number

I just want to let everyone know that I now have a new phone number. I'm now an official Atlanta resident with a 404 exchange. I tried my damnedest to maintain my Massachusetts identity and my 781 area code. But because I know longer live in MA and I wasn't planning snap trip back there just to get a new phone, I have had to succumb to reality and make a change. I know change is supposed to be good but loosing that phone number was like loosing party of my identity. I guess, I was being sentimental or something like that, but it's not like this is the first time that I changed phone numbers. In the past I've had 617, 808 and 619 as well.

I purchased the new phone from Amazon.com about a week ago and everything was delivered as promised, so there were no problems there. But when I called AT&T to get my new number and check everything there was a problem with the service that I had ordered. They were showing that I had order two lines, with a family plan and PDA service. Which was not what I had ordered from Amazon and they referred me back to Amazon.com. I contacted amazon and they read my order back to me and which match what I had originally ordered, no problems there. What kind of irked me was this email I received from Amazon.com;

Greetings from Amazon.com.

We regret to inform you that while working with AT&T to activate
your new phone there was a mistake made and a family plan with 2
lines of service was temporarily activated. However, this problem
has now been corrected and you now only have one line active on the
plan selected.

Your AT&T account has also been noted with all details in case there
is any billing complications - please note there should be no
additional charges because of their error.

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com.


It just kind of pissed me off that someone out right lied to me. They had stated that it never happened that everything was as I ordered. I have been shopping through Amazon for a few years now with no problems. I just wish that they could have been honest with me and yes a mistake had been made, but it had been corrected. Granted, maybe if I hadn't called AT&T I would have never found out about the error. No big deal right, but don't just lie to me about it. Will I continue to do business with Amazon.com, yeah probably but I will be a little hesitant about what they tell me if I call and question an order.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the phone I got Sony-Ericsson W810i, now I just need to learn how to use all of the functions.

I sent out an email this afternoon to everyone that I had his or her address. If you feel that you should have been included just let me know and we'll take it from there.
And Have a safe and Happy 4th of July!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...