Monday, March 12, 2007

Beautiful Thing

I was bored the other evening and checking out You tube and found this video. I have always loved the movie Beautiful Thing, it's one of the first true gay love stories. One of the things I have hated about many of the Gay oriented films from the 1990's was that some always seemed to die of HIV/AIDS. They were just so depressing, yes they did present a message and get the word out about it. But you just have to love Ste and Jamie, plus I have always had a soft spot for and English accent. They took scenes and edit to the Goo Goo Dolls' Iris, which is a killer song.
The person that put these together has captured and brought to the surface many of the feelings that have made me who I am. Not to mention the person that I want to be. There have been times in my life that I have just wanted to climb to the top of the nearest mountain and scream to the world that "I am Gay and Proud of myself." Don't get me wrong, I'm very open and honest about my sexuality to whom ever has had the balls to ask. This has even included my time in the Military. But, there have also been time that I have seen my friends and others persecuted for these same very reasons. All the while I had to remain silent. It's sometimes depressing that the love I have for Ryan is shunned by so many of my fellow countrymen. Enough of my ranting. Please take a moment and judge for yourself ....













Tags: , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...