Friday, August 25, 2006

Schmap!!! I've Been Published

We'll sort of, about a month ago I got an email asking to use one of my photos in a travel guide for Savannah, GA. It was up front and said flat out I wouldn't get paid but would get full credit for the photo. They use Creative Commons and Flickr.com linking to photos and using them on their travel guide software. The Software is freeware and is a sort of geo-mapping software. They have a ton of different cities worldwide that show you all the sites before you get there and how to find them. It's pretty cool and will use on our next trip.
I was happy just for the recognition. Though I wish that I was being paid but I guess you have to starts somewhere. I mean the software is free, and so is the credit that I'm get maybe that will lead to some real money. Below is a copy of the letter and the photo.


From: Alexandra Moss
Subject: Schmap: Savannah Photo Inclusion


Hi Rob,

I am delighted to let you know that one of your photos has been selected for inclusion in our newly released Schmap Savannah Guide.

www.schmap.com/photos/p=20025434N00/c=SC2049352

Clicking this link will take you to a page where you can:
i) See which of your photos has been selected for inclusion.
ii) Download a copy of the guide, complete with your credited photo.

If you like the guide and have a blog or website, then please also check out our Schmap Picker, a widget that will let you give Schmap Guides directly to your blog readers or website visitors - for free!

www.schmap.com/picker/p=20025434N00/c=SC2049352

Clicking this link will take you to a page where you can make a custom Schmap Picker and submit a profile of your blog to be featured in a Blog Partners section on our site.

Please enjoy the guide!

Best regards,

Ali Moss,
Managing Editor, Schmap Guides





























Tags: , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...