Tuesday, August 22, 2006

First Day Back

Sorry I haven’t been kept things here up to date news wise, however I hope you have enjoyed the photos that I have posted. Well today was the first day of classes for me at GSU things look like they will be pretty interesting. Though I don’t have a gauge for my last class of the day, the professor just had someone passing out syllabus and let people go. I hope to have a better idea on Thursday after we actually meet. Most of the other classes look pretty interesting, even my dreaded math class. I hate Algebra.

Once things get rocking I should have a better idea of how things will go. My first class of the day had a lot of familiar faces in it from some of my other classes and my friend Emily from work. The others I didn’t recognize anyone, I guess I’ll just have to make some new acquaintances.

Now I have a something I want to run by everyone. The first has to do with my Marta ride to school today. This guy sits down in front of me a cleaning looking guy about 23 and obviously on his way to work at a construction site. He had a backpack on and tool belt which contained a hammer, tape measure, a pocket knife, a couple of screwdrivers and toy gun. That right you read that correctly, this guy had a toy Berretta 9mm. At first what I thought was real quickly turned out to be a CHILDS Toy. It was one of the guns that shoot plastic pellets. Now I didn’t see the barrel but it looked real enough to me and I’m sure an officer might miss identify it at first to.

Now I didn’t question this person about it, at that point I wasn’t feeling to comfortable around him and thought he might be a little off if you know what I mean. Its just many police officers have known to over react and can be a little trigger-happy. I don’t say that to demean the police force or generalize, but the way the world is now a day a lot of people are on edge. But why in the hell does a 20-year-old man need a toy gun anyway? It’s not like it’s Halloween or anything. It wasn’t even a nail gun or something that could be useful at the job site; it was a plastic pellet shooter. I’m just glad I don’t have to work with him and I hope you don’t either.

Tags; , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...