Sunday, April 02, 2006

Play BAAALLLLLL




Monday will mark the annual spring classic Opening Day for Major League Baseball. I know some people mark spring with March Madness and the Final four. But for me there is nothing like a baseball game it's a timeless American classic. This year there are many teams that have seen an influx of youth, which is good for the game.

I've been a baseball fan all my life and the last 6 years or so I've been bitten by the fantasy sports bug. This year I have 6 teams with Sportingnews.com and 5 with Yahoo. I usually have mixed luck and have finished first, last and everywhere in between. I've taken a few chance this year with some of the younger players and mixed in some reliable experience. I just hope it all pays off in the long run.
I'm sure league and fans are hoping on the same things, especially with all the talk over which player are on "Juice."

I feel will help lift the league out of the clouds of steroids. I know Mr. Bonds is only 7 home runs away from Babe Ruth and next in line is Hank Aaron, but how tainted will the record be? I know people are not saying but many hope his knee will finally give out and save baseball from having to celebrate it. I hope with this investigation that baseball is putting on will dig deep and prove his guilt or innocents. Until that time any record he breaks will be looked at with crossed eyes, not to mention a whole bunch of asterisks.

Until we have all the answers, let the kids play and make us cheer. They can be the new sports hero’s and make for an exciting summer. So grab a beer, peanuts and some good friends. Go Red Sox and Braves!!

Tags: , , , ,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...